AthenaGro 3-3-0 Fertilizer Directions
General Use Directions
- Avoid direct application on:
- steep slopes
- in areas prone to flooding
- or into surface waters
- Wash hand after use
- Store unused fertilizer in a cool, dry place away from children and pets
AthenaGro products are recycled biosolids and meet all U. S. Environmental Protection Agency 'Exceptional Quality' standards for beneficial reuse. The Athens Utilities Board, producer of AthenaGro, is a partner in the National Biosolids Partnership with the EPA and the Water Environment Federation. For more information on biosolids, click here.
- Lawns: Apply 3 or 4 times per year. Established Lawns - 35 lbs covers 1,750 sq. ft. New Lawns - 35 lbs. covers 875 sq. ft.
- Trees and Shrubs: Apply annually.
- Established trees: 5 lb. per inch of tree trunk diameter. Pour in punched holes within tree's drip line.
- Transplanting trees: 1 lb. per inch of tree height at the bottom of the hole. Re-fertilize in 3 months.
- Established shrubs: Scatter 5 lb. per 100 sq. ft. uniformly over the soil surface area or 1 lb. in root area.
- Transplanting shrubs: Apply 1 lb per shrub height. Loosely mix in the bottom of hole. Re-fertilize in 3 months.
- Gardens: Apply twice per year.
- Annuals: Mix 3 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. into the soil when preparing flower beds. When flowers bud, re-apply 2 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. around plants.
- Perennials: Apply 2 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. in spring. Re-apply after blooming or in early fall.
- Vegetables: Mix 5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. before seeding or transplanting. Mix into the soil to anticipated root depth. Re-apply the same amount mid-summer or plant blooming
- Total Nitrogen: 3% (4.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen)
- Available Phosphate: 3%
More information on AthenaGro