Surge Suppression Program
Our customers are increasingly aware of the need to protect valuable computer and home entertainment equipment from the damage lightning and power surges might cause. Athens Utilities features a Whole-Home Surge Suppression program that includes a meter base device and/or individual plug-in devices.
While no surge protector can provide 100 percent protection against a direct lightning strike, a surge suppression system can offer another defense to keep your home electronics and major appliances protected from damaging lightning and high-voltage surges.
The cost for monthly service and systems you can purchase are listed below.
Surge Suppression Rate Sheet
- TESCO 200 Amp Meter Base Arrestor, 3 year contract: $5.50/month
- TESCO 400 Amp Panel Meter Base Arrestor, 3 year contract: $7.50/month
- Panamax M8T-EX (8 receptacles + phone): $55.00 + Tax
- Panamax M8-EX (8 receptacles): $45.00 + Tax
- Panamax M8C-EX (8 receptacles + cable): $60.00 + Tax
- Panamax M8DBS-EX (8 receptacles + phone + cable): $75.00 + Tax
To apply for Surge Protection complete the form below.
A copy of the Surge Suppression Program Lease Agreement is available here.
The products provide a limited warranty only. This is not an insurance policy. To view the warranty, click on the product below.
Surge Suppression Program Form