Commercial Natural Gas Rates
Rate Schedule 12
OFF-PEAK GAS SERVICE
- "Contract Amount" means the maximum amount of Firm Gas a Customer may purchase from Athens Utilities Board on any Day as established by a written contract between Athens Utilities Board and the Customer.
- "Customer" means a person or entity contracting with or otherwise receiving services from Athens Utilities Board for firm gas service under Rate Schedule "12".
- "Day" means a period of twenty-four ("24") consecutive hours, beginning and ending at 8:00 a.m. prevailing Athens time.
- "Determination Period" means the twelve-month period beginning July 1 and ending June 30, inclusive.
- "Firm Gas" means that gas not subject to interruption or curtailment except for emergency or other causes as provided in the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board.
- "Load Factor" means the quotient obtained by dividing the average daily sales to Customer for the Determination Period by the maximum daily sales to Customer for the Winter Period.
- "Winter Period" means the five-month period from November 1 to and including March 31 included in the Determination Period.
Service under Rate Schedule "12" is available to any commercial or industrial customer during the months of March through November, inclusive, provided:
- The Customer is located within the service area of Athens Utilities Board; and
- The Customer used 8,000 therms or more in three of the twelve months of the previous Determination Period; and
- The Customer's Load Factor is .90 or greater during the previous Determination Period; and
- The Customer meets the following definition of a commercial or industrial customer: "Commercial customers are businesses primarily engaged in the sales of goods or services, including institutions and governmental agencies. Industrial customers are engaged primarily in a process that creates or changes raw or unfinished materials into another form or product including the generation of electric power."
In the event Customer shall fail to continue to meet conditions 1 through 4 during the previous Determination Period, service under Rate Schedule "12" shall no longer be available. Athens Utility Board will reclassify Customer to the appropriate rate schedule effective August 1 of each year.
A Customer may have multiple meters at each location. Each meter must meet the conditions imposed by 1 through 4 to qualify for Rate Schedule "12." If a meter fails to meet the conditions imposed by 1 through 4, the meter will be billed under Rate Schedule "3".
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Service under Rate Schedule "12" is firm service.
Customer shall use gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12" only at its facilities. Customer shall not resale gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12". Athens Utility Board shall deliver gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12" to a single point of delivery or multiple points of delivery located within the service area of Athens Utilities Board.
The net rate for service under Rate Schedule "12" for each monthly billing period shall be the sum of the Customer Charge and the Commodity Charge, each calculated as follows:
||$200.00 per month
||$0.0350 per therm for the first 10,000 therms plus the cost per therm of gas sold to Customer; plus
||$0.0250 per therm from 10,001 therms to and including 20,000 therms plus the cost per therm of gas sold to Customer; plus
||$0.0150 per therm from 20,001 therms to and including 40,000 therms plus the cost per therm of gas sold to Customer; plus
||$0.0050 per therm for the excess over 40,000 therms plus the cost per therm of gas sold to Customer.
PURCHASED GAS ADJUSTMENT
The cost per therm of gas sold to Customer that is included in the Commodity Charge shall be subject to the Purchased Gas Adjustment of Athens Utilities Board.
The minimum bill for each monthly billing period shall be the Customer Charge. Customer will receive a minimum bill for each monthly billing period beginning with the date of initial service and ending with the date Customer requests termination of service, inclusive.
Athens Utility Board will render bills for service under Rate Schedule "12" monthly. Each bill rendered for service is due and payable on the date issued. The rates and charges under Rate Schedule "12" are net, the gross rate being five percent ("5%") higher. The gross rate shall apply to any unpaid amount of the bill that is not paid on or before the last date for payment as specified on the bill.
All requests for new or additional service or the transfer of existing service to higher priority end use will be supplied based on the judgment of Athens Utilities Board as to the available gas supply, the load factor or use pattern of the Customer, end use priority as may be specified by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") or other appropriate governmental authority, impact on the local economy, and the laws of the State of Tennessee.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All service provided hereunder is subject to the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board which may from time to time be revised.
SERVICE INTERRUPTION AND CURTAILMENT
Gas service under Rate Schedule "12" is subject to the curtailment provisions contained within the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board.