Commercial Natural Gas Rates
Rate Schedule 32
SMALL COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL GAS SERVICE
Service under Rate Schedule "32" is available to any commercial or industrial customer provided:
- The Customer is located within the service area of Athens Utilities Board; and
- The Customer used less than 8,000 therms in ten of the twelve months of the previous Determination Period (as defined in Rate Schedule "42"); and
- The Customer meets the following definition of a commercial or industrial customer: "Commercial customers are businesses primarily engaged in the sales of goods or services, including institutions and governmental agencies. Industrial customers are engaged primarily in a process that creates or changes raw or unfinished materials into another form or product including the generation of electric power."
In the event Customer shall fail to continue to meet conditions 1 through 3 during the previous Determination Period, service under Rate Schedule "32" shall no longer be available. Customer shall be reclassified to the appropriate rate schedule effective August 1 of each year.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Service under Rate Schedule "32" is firm service.
Unless otherwise approved by Athens Utilities Board, a Customer receiving service under Rate Schedule "32," after previously receiving service under Rate Schedule "42" or Rate Schedule "52," cannot return to service under Rate Schedule "42" or Rate Schedule "52" until customers are reclassified to the appropriate rate schedules on August 1 of each year.
The net rate for service under Rate Schedule "32" for each monthly billing period shall be the sum of the Customer Charge and the Commodity Charge, each calculated as follows:
- Customer Charge: $10.00 per month
- Commodity Charge: $0.2319 per therm
PURCHASED GAS ADJUSTMENT
The Commodity Charge is subject to the Purchased Gas Adjustment of Athens Utilities Board.
The minimum bill for each monthly billing period shall be the Customer Charge. The minimum bill will be billed for each monthly billing period beginning with the date of initial service and ending with the date Customer requests termination of service, inclusive.
Bills for service under Rate Schedule "32" are rendered monthly. Each bill rendered for service is due and payable on the date of its issuance. The rates and charges under Rate Schedule "32" are net, the gross rate being five percent ("5%") higher. In the event the current monthly bill is not paid on or before the last date for payment as specified on the bill, the gross rate shall apply to any unpaid amount of the bill.
All requests for new or additional service or the transfer of existing service to higher priority end use will be supplied based on the judgment of Athens Utilities Board as to the available gas supply, the load factor or use pattern of the Customer, end use priority as may be specified by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") or other appropriate governmental authority, impact on the local economy, and the laws of the State of Tennessee.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All service provided hereunder is subject to the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board which may from time to time be revised.
SERVICE INTERRUPTION AND CURTAILMENT
Gas service under Rate Schedule "32" is subject to the curtailment provisions contained within the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board.