Commercial Natural Gas Rates
Rate Schedule 92
COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS VEHICLE FILLING SERVICE
In the interest of promoting energy supplies of natural gas as an alternative to imported crude and petroleum products, the Athens Utilities Board has developed a CNG vehicle filling service rate based upon the most economically attractive existing rate designs available to the Board. The (CNG) rate is similar to our interruptible rate classification 52 and is being used primarily as an economic development incentive to promote the use of abundant, clean-burning, domestically produced natural gas by our customers and to promote the development of infrastructure for CNG vehicles.
- "CNG" means compressed natural gas being used solely for the fueling of EPA approved commercial or personal vehicles utilizing natural gas as a fuel source.
- "Customer" means a person or entity contracting with or otherwise receiving services from Athens Utilities Board for firm gas service under Rate Schedule "12".
- "Firm Gas" means that gas not subject to interruption or curtailment except for emergency or other causes as provided in the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board.
- "gge" means gallon of gas equivalent and for purposes of this rate schedule shall mean the current cost per therm of natural gas multiplied by a factor of 1.25.
Service under Rate Schedule "92" is available to any commercial or industrial or residential customer provided:
- The Customer is located within the service area of Athens Utilities Board; and
- The Customer is using natural gas supplied under Schedule “92” exclusively for the use of fueling either commercial or personal vehicles; and
- Athens Utilities Board must determine that it existing distribution system facilities are adequate and available for the requested service; and
In the event Customer shall fail to continue to meet conditions 1 through 3 at any time, service under Rate Schedule “92” shall no longer be available to that customer and the customer shall be reclassified to the appropriate rate schedule or service can be subject to termination.
A Customer may have multiple meters at each location. Each meter must meet the conditions imposed by above sections 1 through 3 to qualify for Rate Schedule “92.” If a meter fails to meet the conditions imposed by 1 through 3, the meter will be billed under an appropriate Rate Schedule determined at the sole discretion of Athens Utilities Board.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Service under Rate Schedule “92” is designed for any and all applications of CNG vehicle filling stations including, but not limited to:
- Commercial entities selling CNG to the public
- Private fleet filling stations
- Residential filling stations
Customer shall use gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12" only at its facilities. Customer shall not resale gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12". Athens Utility Board shall deliver gas purchased under Rate Schedule "12" to a single point of delivery or multiple points of delivery located within the service area of Athens Utilities Board.
The net rate for service under Rate Schedule “92” for each monthly billing period shall be the sum of the Customer Charge and the Commodity Charge, each calculated as follows:
- Customer Charge: Varies dependent upon size of service required; Between $10.00 - $200.00 per month
- Commodity Charge: $0.2080 per therm; plus
PURCHASED GAS ADJUSTMENT
The cost per therm of gas sold to Customer that is included in the Commodity Charge shall be subject to the Purchased Gas Adjustment of Athens Utilities Board. The Purchased Gas Adjustment for CNG will be, at a minimum, equivalent to the Current Rate 52 Purchased Gas Adjustment and, at a maximum, equivalent to the Purchased Gas Adjustment for all other Firm Gas Rate classes.
The minimum bill for each monthly billing period shall be the sum of the Customer Charge. The minimum bill will be billed for each monthly billing period beginning with the date of initial service and ending with the date service is terminated at the request of the Customer, inclusive.
Bills for service under Rate Schedule “92” are rendered monthly. Each bill rendered for service is due and payable on the date it is issued. The rates and charges under Rate Schedule “92” are net, the gross rate being five percent (“5%”) higher. In the event the current monthly bill is not paid on or before the last date for payment as specified on the bill, the gross rate shall apply to any unpaid amount of the bill.
All requests for new or additional service or the transfer of existing service to higher priority end use will be supplied based on the judgment of Athens Utilities Board as to the available gas supply, the load factor or use pattern of the Customer, end use priority as may be specified by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”) or other appropriate governmental authority, impact on the local economy, and the laws of the State of Tennessee.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All service provided hereunder is subject to the Rules and Regulations of Athens Utilities Board which may from time to time be revised.
INDIVIDUAL TAX LIABILITY
Compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations regarding the taxation of CNG for vehicular use is the responsibility of the individual, business entity, or corporation utilizing CNG for fleet or individual vehicle use. Under current laws, AUB is not responsible for collection of taxes on CNG.