Residential Natural Gas Rates
To view Commercial/Industrial natural gas rates, click here.
AUB offers two residential rate classes that are based on the customer's level of gas usage in a year period. Each year, AUB will review all residential customers and automatically place them into the appropriate rate class based on usage.
Natural Gas Rates are comprised of three distinct components:
- Monthly availability fee: The monthly availability fee is determined by the type of service the customer receives. The fee is charged each month regardless of the amount of natural gas used.
- Commodity rate: The commodity rate is determined by the type of service the customer receives and is based on the cost of operations allocated to each type of customer. This rate is applied to each therm of natural gas metered.
- Purchased Gas Adjustment: The purchased gas adjustment is determined by the cost of natural gas and its transportation to the AUB natural gas distribution system. This rate is applied for each therm of natural gas metered.
Natural Gas Measurement Units
Natural gas is metered in volumetric units of one hundred cubic feet (ccf). The volume is converted to heat value of therms. Each therm contains 100,000 btus of energy. The international definition of a standard ccf contains one therm of energy. The natural gas normally delivered to the AUB natural gas distribution system contains between 103,000 and 104,000 btus. This amount varies monthly. Because of the additional heat value per ccf and therm rates there is not an exact correlation between the metered volume and the per therm charges.
The purchased gas adjustment and the heat value conversion are calculated monthly.
Residential Natural Gas Rate Schedules
Click on the rate links for details of each.
- Basic Rate: RATE SCHEDULE 22 applies to customers who do not use gas year round.
- Discount Rate: RATE SCHEDULE 23 is a discounted rate for customers who use gas year-round.
Residential Application for Gas Service
Appling for natural gas service is easy, and we're here to help. You may apply for natural gas service in our office. We request that you bring photo identification and your complete street address for the location to receive service.
Residential New Installation or Renovation Fees
The following are minimum gas service tap fees for new installations or renovations:
- Meter Set Fee: $25.00
- Tap Fee: $300.00
- Additional footage (per foot): $1.00
The tap fee includes the first 100 feet of service line, commencing from the customer's property line. All main and service line exclusive of the customer's property will be at the division's expense.
Service Line Footage Credit
Service line footage credit for appliance installation may be accrued in accordance with the following:
|Each two mantel or open flame outdoor lighting unit||200|
|Swimming Pool heater||200|
|Natural gas heated spa||200|
|Patio Fire Pit||200|
|Each one mantel outdoor lighting unit||150|
|Unvented gas logs||150|
|Each space heater||150|
|Vented gas logs||100|
Customers taking advantage of the service line footage credit will not be required to pay any additional footage charges at the time of their installation. Cases where the footage credits are greater than the footage from the property line to the meter set will reduce the tap fee by $1.00 per foot of credit. The customer will have ninety days from the completion date of the service line to tap and/or meter set installation to install appliances unless it is new construction then they will have 1 year from completion date of the service line. Customer's who elect not to install appliances will be charged for credited footage. AUB may at it discretion elect to offer reduced or no cost tap fees from time to time as part of a promotional policy.
Residential Natural Gas Service
The residential rate is available to any residential household or dwelling. If the dwelling also houses a commercial operation, the available floor space must be predominately residential under this rate.
Natural Gas Service: Miscellaneous Fees
The following are miscellaneous fees that will be assessed with the division's policies and procedures:
- Residential meter testing fee: $50.00
- Meter relocation fee (base fee or materials and labor, whichever is greater): $250.00
- Bonded Gas Fitter bond amount: $300,000
- Re-inspection fee (base fee or materials and labor, whichever is greater): $25.00