Billing & Payment
Pay online here
- Pay by phone with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, American Express)
- Call (423) 271-8024. Have your account number ready to enter into the automated system.
- Pay by mail with the U.S. Postal Service (Please include the pay stub from the bottom of the bill.)
- A postmark by the due date avoids late charges.
P.O. Box 689
Athens, Tn. 37371-0689
- Pay in person at our office during business hours or via the after-hours night drop
Pay your AUB bill at any of these convenient area locations:
Athens Utilities Board office
Athens Federal Community Bank
BB&T (Athens and Englewood only)
First Security Bank
People's Bank (Englewood and Niota Only)
Southeast Bank & Trust
Payments can be made at the listed area banks on or before the due date of the bill. Please note that the banks will not accept payment after your due date has passed.
AutoPay Bank Draft Option
Reduce Bill Clutter and Never be Late Again
Organizing a mountain of monthly paper bills? Ever miss a payment when a bill was buried on the kitchen counter by magazines and junk mail?
Sign Up for AUB's EZ Auto Pay
- Click on this authorization form link, print the form, and fill in the information;
- Write "VOID" on one of your checks from the account to be drafted;
- Attach the voided check to the form and mail it to the address shown on the form.
You’ll still receive a monthly statement that showing your utilities usage and payment amount. Review it, file it, and forget it. About 14 days after your statement date, which allows time to call us with any questions, your bank account will automatically be drafted for the amount of your bill. You can do this no matter where you hold your checking account—locally or even out of state. Information about the Bank Draft Program is available from any of our customer service personnel at (423) 745-4501.
Eliminate the Lows and Highs
AUB's services are interesting in that you use them well before you pay for them. Winter cold snaps and summer scorchers can lead to quite a shock when you get your bill and realize you used a lot of power or gas.
Budget Billing is a program designed to smooth the high and low payments, allowing you to more easily budget bills on an annual basis. The program is open only to residential customers who have been living at their present location at least 12 months and who meet the payment criteria. For more information about this program, call us at (423) 745-4501. Ask a Customer Service Rep about "Budget Billing."